Our Very own Ghost StoryLike much of Galveston, there's more to Hotel Galvez than meets the eye. Legend has it a seaman's fiancé was staying in room 501 when she heard his ship had sunk, and took her own life. Now she haunts our halls, especially during October Ghost Tours.
Notable Historic Facts
- Built with a $1 Million after1900 Storm
- Known as "Queen of the Gulf"
- Opened on June 10th, 1911, at 6pm
- Rooms were $2 per night in 1911
- Temporary White House for FDR
- Served as WWII Coast Guard Facility
- Frank Sinatra & Dean Martin Stayed Here
- Headquarters for "Pageants of Pulchritude"