Spring Escape Travel TipsIsn't time to put some sand between your toes? Directly in front of Hotel Galvez, you'll see beaches that are now widened to about 150 feet adding more space for beach goers to enjoy.
- New Beaches - Galveston has completed a $19.5 million beach nourishment project from 12th to 61st Streets. The project is being administered by the Galveston Park Board with funding support from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Texas General Land Office and the City of Galveston.
- Best in Texas - Galveston Island was named one of The South's "Best Islands" by Southern Living Magazine.
- New Trolleys - Four rubber-wheel trolleys will begin operating mid-May and offer free rides this summer. Trolleys will run from 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
What to Do
There's always plenty to keep you entertained during a visit. Below are some favorite suggestions:
Wyndham Breakfast Package
- Deluxe accommodations for two at the historic Hotel Galvez & Spa
- Breakfast Buffet for two each morning