Summer Travel Tips
For most Galveston visitors, summer is synonymous with spending time at the beach. Directly in front of Hotel Galvez, you'll see beaches that are now widened to about 150 feet adding more space for beach goers to enjoy.
- New Beaches - Galveston has completed a $19.5 million beach nourishment project from 12th to 61st Streets. The project is being administered by the Galveston Park Board with funding support from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Texas General Land Office and the City of Galveston.
- Best in Texas - Galveston Island was named one of The South's "Best Islands" by Southern Living Magazine.
- New Trolleys - Four rubber-wheel trolleys will begin operating mid-May and offer free rides this summer. Trolleys will run from 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
What to Do
There's always plenty to keep you entertained during a visit. Below are some popular travel tips:
- What's New in Downtown Galveston
- Five Free Tours
- Five Activities Under $15
- Little Known Happenings in Galveston
- Five Tours Unique to Galveston
Wyndham Breakfast Package
- Deluxe accommodations for two at the historic Hotel Galvez & Spa
- Breakfast Buffet for two each morning
- Rates from $149
Galveston Island Food & Wine Weekend Package (May 5-7)
- Two tickets to Saturday's Grand Tasting at the Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival
- Valet parking
- Sunday champagne brunch for two at Hotel Galvez
- Rates from $403/night
Galvez Vow Renewal Package (June 9-11)
- Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival
- Keepsake champagne glasses
- Vow renewal ceremony and reception for participating couples
- Rates from $359/night